Please join Dame Miriam Lobenstine in exploring some of Northern Italy’s hidden gastronomic gems, on a deliciously unique 7-day tour!
During her undergrad, grad and post-grad years, she has lived in various cities in Italy: studying, teaching, attending culinary school and working in one of Florence’s most popular restaurants. With each return to Italy, Miriam has been fortunate to discover more about these amazing locales and connect with fascinating chefs and artisans who are equally passionate about their work and their culture.
She would very much like to share these unique experiences, some of her favorites, with a small group of like-minded food-lovers, so that together, you can taste all Italy has to offer from an insider’s perspective.
You will learn about the ancient process of making Balsamic Vinegar, spend an afternoon wine-tasting in Emilia-Romagna, learn to make an authentic meal in Parma, explore an outdoor market in Florence, and spend and entire day on an organic farm outside Perugia.
- Visits to Parma, Modena, Florence and Paciano (Perugia)
- Seven nights accommodation in hotels in the city centers of Parma and Florence -Visits and tastings of local artisanal products including Parmigiano- Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma and Balsamic Vinegar
- Cooking lessons at a private home in Parma, an acclaimed cooking school in Florence and on an organic farm in Paciano
- Wine, Olive Oil and seasonal produce tasting and market tours
- One full free day, perfect for exploring Florence’s churches and museums or even a day-trip to a nearby town
- Private transportation between all destinations
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners and 2 aperitivo
Price: $2,700 based on double occupancy
- All flights, international and domestic
- Travel insurance
- Passport fees
For more information or to register, contact: Miriam Lobenstine
phone: (508) 864-2653
Spaces are limited so please contact Miriam as soon as possible to guarantee your place on this delicious adventure.